Last week I started to review some of my favorite new gowns from the most recent bridal fashion week in New York. This week I continue with three more of my favorite trends: innovative uses of lace, modern corsets and fabulous sheaths!
1. Some brides don’t want a full ball gown, cupcake dress on their big day, but that does not mean they should look any less incredible. This stunning one shoulder sheath from Reem Acra mixes a simple silhouette with super romantic lace.
2. Nicole Miller is the queen of the simple sheath, so it’s no surprise that one of her dresses shows up on my favorites. I love the beautiful drape of this dress, and I am always excited to see dresses that are a fresh alternative to strapless styles!
3. For something completley different, how about long sleeves? Zien is a Polish bridal line that is totally fresh. I am basically obsessed with everything about this dress, from the gorgeous draping in the front to the sexy yet sophisticated back. This is my vote for more exciting sheath ever!
4. Who says a sheath has to be simple? This gorgeous beaded dress from Pallas Couture brings the drama of a fully beaded dress to a simple, sexy silhouette. I think it’s the perfect mix!< see the rest here!->5. I cannot possibly mention sheath dresses without including a gown without an incredible lace back. The beautiful back is a detail we saw blow up last year, and it is still going strong. I love this Leah Da Gloria version because the front of the dress is simply perfect, while the back is ornate, but still modern.
1. Full disclosure: I love tulle, beads and ruffles, but lace is not usually my personal favorite. I do, however, LOVE when I see it done in new and fresh ways. Leave it to Vera Wang to do just that with this incredible mermaid dress. Can a dress be modern and traditional? If it can, it would look like this.
2. Junko Yoshioka always does exciting things with texture, so I am excited to see her new collections every season. I love this dress because it features subtle blue edging on the delicate lace. Why not make your dress your something new and your something blue?
3. This Watters dress is breathtaking. I am not sure what else I can say about it. The simple lines paired with beautiful lace panels are just perfect. Also, I love that this dress is both a flattering sweetheart neckline AND long sleeves. How great is that?
4. Gold, anyone? Metallics are a fab trend that I just love. Subtle gold lace on this Kelly Faetanini gown makes it look both vintage and fresh.
1. Oh, Oscar de la Renta, how to you achieve perfection EVERY TIME? This corseted mermaid dress is simple, clean and perfect. It’s the kind of fresh, elegant interpretation of the corset that I cannot get enough of.
2. Rafael Cennamo was a evening wear designer before branching out into bridal, and you can see that sexy, glam influence in his gowns. This gorgeous lace dress features corseted line throughout which not only up the drama factor, they seriously flatter the figure.
What’s your favorite gown? What trends are you loving right now in bridal? Tune in next week for the final installment!