How I love new bridal fashion! Inspiring, exciting new trends. Classic, beautiful gowns. And something for just about every bridal fashion fanatic out there. (Oh, and those lucky few who are ACTUALLY in the market for a wedding gown,)
With Fall 2014 New York fashion week now behind us, I can say the new goods coming out of all our favorite designers was just lovely. I have rounded up my very faves by trend in three parts, for your gawking pleasure. Check back next week for part two!
1. Romona Keveza is a master at creating super romantic, feminine gowns. And what is more romantic than a soft blush?. This particular shade is gorgeous and I think it would look great on all kinds of skin tones. Also, this perfectly draped ball gown is a modern take on the princess dress that I can get behind.
2. Rivini also offered up lovely blush gowns in their show. I love the sweet petals floating down this A line gown. It has such a fluid, and the details bring out the best in the blush color.
3. Oh, Very Wang, you stun the market EVERY TIME. Just a year after her 2013 collection with almost no white at all, this year she blows us out of the water again with a black and white combo collection. While definitely not for the traditional bride, this classic ball-gown with a black lace overlay makes a serious statement. The more I stare at it, the more I love it.
4. Move over pink, I have a new wedding gown color crush. This incredible dress from Hamda Al Fahim comes in this beautiful icy blue that I think is totally fabulous. Hamda is A UAE based designer, and I love the fresh new take she brings to bridal. The long sleeves, the love back and the layers of tulle? Sign me up for all of it!
1. Full disclosure: I can really never really get enough bows. I love them so much. So much. That being said, this year saw quite a few bows pop up on the bridal runway that even a non-bow lover would love. This lovely confection from Max Mara features beautiful layers of ruffles tulle and a sweet, statement making bow at the waist. So many pretty things in this dress, it’s overwhelming!
2. OK, one more from Max Mara! This one is perfect for the classically preppy bride. I love this dress’ simple front, and killer back. This dress is so cute it could inspire decor for a whole wedding. Bows for everyone!3. For a slightly more subtle take on the bow, try this simply classic dress from Amsale. Amsale can always be counted on for understated perfection, and this dress is no different. It makes me want to jet off to a Cape Cod wedding. I also really love this sweetheart neckline with the simple straps.
1. I love beads as much as the next girl, but what I really love is seeing them done in new and fresh ways. Temperley has added some beautiful vintage style beading to this flowing goddess dress. It is subtle and supremely pretty.
2. Kelly Faetanini brings us some very pretty beading accenting a floral bodice. I would also image this fab touched skirt would be extremely flattering on.
3. Pronovias has a habit of doing great things with beads, so it’s no suprise that they have combined that with the big trend of 2013: stunning backs. This dress has lovely, modern beading all over the bodice, but the stunner is the draped beaded back. Jaw dropping! 4. And I had to throw this gorgeous Grecian Marchesa creation. The beaded belt is stunning, but the lovely draping is equally beautiful. Love the contrast between the two!
Tune in the same time next week for more fab 2014 wedding fashions!